There are various forms you have to fill in order to obtain your driving license. Those forms are typically labeled in different names, depending on the purpose of the document. For today, we will focus on the medical fitness certificate for driving licence, which refers to the document to fill in for learner license. The Form No. 1, along with No. 1-A, is that of application and declaration as to physical fitness and medical certificate to obtain learner’s or driving license. You can find the example of the driving licence form online.
In the medical form no. 1, will only need to fill in the personal information and answer the questions as part of the declaration. The questions are:
- Related to epilepsy or any sudden attacks that result in giddiness or loss of consciousness;
- About whether you’re able to distinguish the motor car number plate with either one or each eye at a distance of 25 meters under the good day light or with glasses, if you wear any;
- About whether you have lost either your foot or hand, or if you have a condition that defects your muscular power or either leg or arm;
- About whether you can distinguish the pigmentary colors readily;
- About whether you have night blindness;
- About your deafness; and
- Regarding your other disability or diseases which may cause the driving of a vehicle a source of danger to the people.
The medical form no 1 for driving licence is to be filled in by you as an applicant who is looking for a mew driver’s or learner license. Meanwhile, the medical form no. 2 for driving license is to be filled in by the registered medical practitioner who examines your health condition. The examiner is to state whether you, as the applicant:
- Suffer from any defect of vision;
- Can distinguish the pigmentary colors readily;
- Able to distinguish a motor car plate number with eyesight under good day light at a distance of 25 meters;
- Suffer from deafness at any degree;
- Suffer from night blindness; and
- Have any deformity or defect or loss of member.
Aside from that information, the examiner is also to provide details about your blood group and Rh factor, although those two are optional.
Meanwhile, you may also have heard about the driving licence form 1 and 2. The Form 2 for driving license itself is not the medical form. Rather, it is a form of applicant for the grant of his or her learner’s license. In his form, the applicant will have to state which type of motor vehicle the license is he or she’s applying for as a learner, in addition to the detailed information related to the applicant himself or herself.
The medical form no 1 for driving licence can be downloaded online for you to fill in. Aside from the medical forms, you can also find other applications forms such as Form No. 4 (Application for license to drive a motor vehicle), Form LLD (Intimation of destruction or loss of license and application for duplicate), or Form No. 9 (Application for renewal of driving license).
medical certificate driving licence
Medical fitness certificate for driving licence
Driving licence medical certificate